Monday, February 15, 2010

No Where to Hide

Are you guys ready for the next privacy invading technology? Well, if you are not, you better prepare yourselves because mobile networking is right around the corner. Mobile Technology gives you and everyone else the ability to locate restaurants, people, and whatever else you want using GPS services on cellular devices. While parents of bad teenagers will love this service, many people will find it hard to give up what little privacy that they still have.

Even I have a love/hate relationship with mobile networking. On one hand, I love that I will have the ability to locate the nearest place where I can get a delicious cocktail. On the other hand, just the thought of people knowing where I am at all times makes me cringe. Can you imagine the damage this technology could cause? Cheating spouses have nowhere to hide, kids can’t sneak out of the house anymore, is this what we’ve come to? Personally, I think mobile networking has taken the invasion of privacy one step to far therefore don’t plan on seeing me pop up on your mobile network anytime soon.

4 comments:

  1. I think most of these mobile technologies might make us more honest. If you're a cheater or you're in the wrong place then I won't feel bad when you're busted thanks to mobile location enabled technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And after you have that delicious cocktail, the police will soon be checking everyone's number to make sure that you are not in a car driving home!! Nah, I am going too far but it certainly is pretty scary...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just so weird and offensive that people are watching me all the time. I know it might be very helpful for parents who have little kids and want to make sure they are safe.

    However, for me that people know what I am doing and where I am. It sounds too creepy to me!! I am an honest person and do not intend to cheat but just want to have some privacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Along that line, it bothers me that the more we become dependent on these technologies, the more information and control corporations (and people) have over us. Also, what if GPS information gets hacked?

    ReplyDelete